PEMF & Infrared Therapy
Help Your Body Heal Itself
The Science Behind Pulsed-Electromagnetic Field Therapy
PEMF (Pulsed-Electromagnetic Field) therapy uses bursts of low-level electromagnetic radiation to heal damaged tissues and bone, to relieve injury-related pain, and even to stimulate organs. The idea is that pulses at low frequencies will pass through the skin and penetrate deep into muscle, bones, tendons, and even organs to activate the cell’s regenerative powers and encourage its natural repair mechanisms. PEMF is catching on for its non-invasive way to approach healing injuries, ameliorating chronic pain, and helping mitigate even chronic conditions like depression and diabetes.
The idea behind PEMF is that the energy pulses penetrate and stimulate cells at the injury site, and everywhere around it. Your body then uses that energy to heal itself through its natural healing mechanisms. Depending on the extent of the issue, PEMFs can address a slight imbalance quickly, like a pulled muscle, or it can work to bring about a more substantial change over time, like restoring a sluggish organ system.
PEMF Therapy Can Fix Your Pain
Scientific research has been able to demonstrate the following efficacy of PEMF Therapy:
- PEMF measurably reduced pain and swelling following plastic surgery
- A sizable body of research shows that PEMF helps slow-healing tibial fractures fuse
- A small study demonstrated that PEMF therapy reduces pain from chronic pain conditions and fibromyalgia
- Animal studies show the potential of PEMF therapy in regenerating nerve fibers in the spinal cord and peripheral nerves, which is promising for the future of regenerative medicine
- In cell cultures, PEMF treatment seemed to activate lysozyme, which is a major step in the bone regeneration process
- Treatment with PEMF improved osteoarthritis by keeping cartilage from breaking down
- PEMF impacted the growth of bone cells in cell cultures, which formed bone tissue in lab tests
- In a small study, people with rotator cuff injuries went through PEMF therapy, and all participants had either reduced or eliminated symptoms
- Just one month of PEMF treatment improved pain and functional performance in arthritis patients
- PEMF therapy helped regenerate the liver faster in rats who had part of the liver removed
Harnessing the Power of Infrared
We feel the invisible wavelengths of far-infrared light as heat in much the same way that we experience heat from the sun or from a bed of hot coals. This heat energy penetrates deep to relax tense muscles and boost blood circulation, which in turn helps deliver nutrients the body needs to recover and heal damaged tissues in the body. At Tru Functional Health, we have several products that take advantage of this science, including the Infrared Sauna Blankets and Red Light Face Masks.
Infrared Sauna Blanket
Sessions with an Infrared Sauna Blanket can be as short as 10-20 minutes to increase blood circulation to your skin and give a warm glow, or as long as an hour to deliver a detoxifying sweat that pushes out toxins in the body. Both short and long sessions also “trick” the body into releasing endorphins, creating a pleasurable, relaxing and reviving feeling. Take a break from the stress in your life and relax in a healthy, rejuvenating session with one of our infrared sauna blankets.
Red Light Face Mask
Red Light Face Masks use low wavelengths of red light to rejuvenate your skin tone, reduces redness, improves the skin renewal process, promotes healing, serves as an anti-inflammatory, supports collagen production for a healthy-looking glow and enhances your mood. The mask can be used in conjunction with other treatments, and leave you feeling refreshed and invigorated.
The Infrared Sauna Blankets and Red Light Face Masks at Tru Functional Health are developed by HigherDOSE and promote the following:
- Deep Relaxation
- Muscle Recovery
- Improved Blood Circulation
- Enhanced Natural Body Detoxification
- Glowing Skin
Combining Two Powerful Healing Technologies
At Tru Functional Health, you can get the benefits of both PEMF and Infrared in a single HigherDOSE Infrared PEMF Mat. These mats help you manage chronic pain, recover from workouts, deepen your meditations, or experience total-body relaxation. They improve mood, reduce stress, relieve muscles, increase energy and promote deep relaxation, which can improve deep sleep and recharge your body.
We also carry HigherDOSE Infrared PEMF Go Mats for use outside our clinic.